How to take care of your hair extensions.
Please use plenty of water on your hair (full length should be wet). Make sure you keep your hair and scalp clean; sweat and dirt will cause your hair to tangle. If you need to detangle your hair make sure you start at your ends and work your way up to the roots before you shampoo. After detangled, wash your hair in a gentle downward motion starting at the roots and working to the ends. The hair extensions could cause your hair to tangle, so make sure you rinse your hair thoroughly. After your hair is clean use a good quality hair conditioner. Your extensions don't receive natural oils from your scalp so make sure you condition your hair after every wash. Be careful to not apply conditioner in the root area or near the attachments, it can loosen the braiding and your extensions could fall out. Dry your hair gently, don't rub it with a towel but in a downward motion from roots to ends. If you have tangles gently work them out starting at the ends and finish at the roots.
Don't sleep on wet hair. Make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep. A good habit is to tie your hair together into a ponytail to help prevent possible tangling. We also recommend you loosely braid your hair before going to sleep.
Please avoid heat when styling. Heat is one of your hair's biggest enemies, the more you use heat, the shorter your extensions will last. Be careful when using blow dryers, flat irons, and curling irons. It is best to let your hair dry naturally.
Use a special brush for hair extensions when brushing your hair (soft bristle bushes like a cushion hairbrush). When brushing it is best to start at the ends of your hair and after all tangles are removed you can gently work your way up. Always brush in a downwards motion and brush your hair a few times every day.
Hair styling products
Always use a good quality conditioner to keep your hair soft and flowing, but don't overdue it. Too much conditioner or any other hair care product can cause build up and eventual tangling. Avoid hair products that contain alcohol as it will make your hair dry out.
Avoid long exposure to chlorine and salt water (swimming), they can cause your hair to tangle and mat up. We recommend you wear a swim cap if possible, or at least wear your hair up and try to keep it out of the water. After swimming it is best to shampoo and condition your hair immediately. In general it is always a good habit to wear your hair up, in a ponytail, or loosely braided when you exercise.
- Please do not use a hair iron with the temperature over 200 degrees fahrenheit otherwise extreme damage may occure.
- Please remove hair extensions if you've noticed any problems with your skin or scalp and we recommend that you seek medical attention to avoid inflammation of your skin or scalp.
- Please brush your hair extensions a few times everyday to prevent them from tangling.
- We will remove your hair extensions for free if you request another service in conjunction such as a cut, permanent, etc., otherwise we must charge you ¥2,000 to only remove the extensions.
Always consult with us for what is best for your hair extensions.
How to take care of children's hair extensions
How to take care of children's hair extensions:
1. Hair extensions need to be removed after about 1 month as a child's scalp and hair are very delicate.
2. Please do not pull or roughly touch where the extension is braided into the hair as it may pull out their real hair too.
3. You must keep the braided area clean.
4. When washing their hair make sure to wash and shampoo the braided area gently.
5. Brush the hair extensions a few times every day to prevent them from tangling as the extensions are not natural hair and can tangle if not cared for.
6. If you wish to remove the extensions please wet the braided part and only cut the elastic band, after you can gently pull out the extensions.
7. You may find that some of their natural hair will come loose when removing extensions. -This is normal daily hair loss.